The Chief Public Relations Officer will be responsible for the planning, developing, and implementing strategic communication, public relations, and legislative activities within our organization. They will coordinate effective media, community and public relations, crisis communication, branding, and related activities. They will write and deliver press releases and handle all communication sent to the public.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Chief Public Relations Officer
- Assists in developing and updating the organization’s communication policies (e.g., procedures, strategies), including policies related to public communications on the Internet and Social Media to ensure policies are in accordance with all federal laws, state statutes, county ordinances, and other regulations.
• Develop external media relationships.
• Researches, collects, prepares, writes, and disseminates organization’s information for social media, publications, brochures when needed, and new media press releases.
• Performs editorial assignments, as required. Writes scripts for radio ads, PowerPoint, video, and other media presentations.
• On request, composes and delivers speeches to local and statewide events, seminars, local community organizations, recruitment fairs, and other events related to county-wide impact and operations.
• Plans, directs, organizes, and schedules the activities of public information functional area.
• Designs, recommends, and provides support for educational materials and public events which support the public and important issues, programs, and services the organization provides.
• Develops public information plans and strategies and coordinates organization’s responses to news media questions and releases through appropriate stakeholders.
• Represents the organization in interviews and through the coordination of broadcast and print media. Serves as liaison between county and community officials, media, and the public.
• Advises organization on issue management and media responses.
• Responds verbally and in writing to inquiries regarding organization’s activities and events.
• Provides coordination and direction on content to the website and social media teams.
• Pending essential Duties and Responsibilities SJRC Texas
• Other related duties as assigned.
DIRECT REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
• Director of Community Engagement
• Director of Community Affairs
- Bachelors Degree in Child Welfare or Public Relations or related field
- 3+ Years’ experience at Executive-Level
- 3+ Years’ experience as a Chief Public Relations Officer or Chief Communications Officer
- Master’s Degree in Child Welfare or Public Relations or related field
- 8+ Years’ experience at Executive-Level
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $125,000.00 per year
Mandatory Mask Requirement.